Salaah Timetable for Roodepoort, RSA
- Jerusalem: Media flashpoints and erased narrativesTropes, omissions and flaws in the coverage of US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Plus, WhatsApp in India.
- Does the right to free speech endanger minorities?Do Muslim communities have a particular problem with the right to free speech, or has Islam been unfairly targeted?
- Nigerian law graduate denied call to bar over hijabAmasa Firdaus 'dress code violation' sparks fierce debate on social media, with many calling for #JusticeforFirdaus.
- Debate: Is freedom of speech absolute?Should so-called 'hate speech' be restricted, or would doing so threaten democracy?
- Hassan Diab case: 'A labyrinth of injustice'Despite overwhelming evidence of his innocence, Lebanese Canadian professor has spent three years in French prison.
- US: Jury deliberation begins for first J20 defendantsTrial winds down for six facing charges related to their alleged participation in protests against Trump's inauguration.
- US to UNSC: North Korea must stop tests, start talkingUS secretary of state says North Korea must stop 'threatening behaviour' before talks with Washington can resume.
- Jerusalem: Media flashpoints and erased narratives
Monthly Archives: July 2013
“Seek it (laylatul qadr) in Ramadan in the last ten nights. For verily, it is during the odd nights, 21st 23rd, 25th, 27th, 29th or the last night of Ramadhan.” (Sahih Hadith Ahmad 5:318) Tips for the Last 10 Nights … Continue reading
الشهد ان لا اله الّا الله Ash hadu Allah ilaha illallah أستغفر الله Astaghfirullah أسألك الجنّة وأعوذ بك من النّار As’aluk aljannata Wa a’udhubika minan naar اللهمّ إنّك عفوّ تحبّ العفو فاعف عنّى Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibbul’afwa fa’fua’anni English translation … Continue reading
11th of Ramadaan, 1434 At a Jumuah lecture yesterday, the moulana giving the English lecture provided a framework for Muslims to easily increase their good deeds. He provided the example of an employee who was given the good news by … Continue reading
Stories Of The Prophets
Assalamu Alaykum Brothers and Sisters The noble month of Ramadaan is upon us. In South Africa, the 1st Taraweeh Salaah will insha-Allah take place tomorrow night, the 9th of July, 2013. Ramadaan is known as a month where Muslims all … Continue reading