Dhul Qa’dah is the eleventh month of the Islamic Calendar. It is a month amongst the months of Hajj.
Events that took place during the month of Dhul-Qa’dah:
1) The battle of Khandaq (trench) or Ahzaab took place in 5 A.H.
2) Truce (Treaty) of Hudaibiyah in 6 A.H
3) 6 A.H, Bay’at ur Ridhwaan (The oath of allegiance taken under the tree taken to avenge the death of Uthmaan [radiyallahu anhu])
4) The return to Makkah for the performance of Umrah by the Nabi [Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam] and his Sahaabah [radiyallahu anhum]) in 7 A.H.
Salaah Timetable for Roodepoort, RSA
- Jerusalem: Media flashpoints and erased narrativesTropes, omissions and flaws in the coverage of US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Plus, WhatsApp in India.
- Does the right to free speech endanger minorities?Do Muslim communities have a particular problem with the right to free speech, or has Islam been unfairly targeted?
- Nigerian law graduate denied call to bar over hijabAmasa Firdaus 'dress code violation' sparks fierce debate on social media, with many calling for #JusticeforFirdaus.
- Debate: Is freedom of speech absolute?Should so-called 'hate speech' be restricted, or would doing so threaten democracy?
- Hassan Diab case: 'A labyrinth of injustice'Despite overwhelming evidence of his innocence, Lebanese Canadian professor has spent three years in French prison.
- US: Jury deliberation begins for first J20 defendantsTrial winds down for six facing charges related to their alleged participation in protests against Trump's inauguration.
- US to UNSC: North Korea must stop tests, start talkingUS secretary of state says North Korea must stop 'threatening behaviour' before talks with Washington can resume.
- Jerusalem: Media flashpoints and erased narratives