IMPORTANCE OF FIRST TEN DAYS OF ZUL-HIJJAH
The first ten days of Zul Hijjah are among the most magnificent days in Islamic calendar. Rasulullah (SAW) said: “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days.”(Bukhari)
Rasulullah (SAW), has said, “One fast during these days is equal to the fasting of one complete year, and the worship of one night during this period is equal to the worship of “Laylatul-Qadr”. (Tirmizi)
Every Muslim should avail oneself of this wonderful opportunity by performing as much Ibadah (acts of worship) as he or she can during this period.
Salaah Timetable for Roodepoort, RSA
- Injured India sailor awaits rescue 3,300km from Australia's coastIndian Navy officer Tomy suffered serious back injury in extreme weather during the Golden Globe Race.
- Armenians head to municipal polls in first post-revolution voteMunicipal elections in the country's capital are crucial for Armenia's new, reform-minded government.
- Macedonia president urges boycott of name-change referendumThe country could change its name to North Macedonia to appease Greece and ease its joining of international bodies.
- Maldives election: Counting begins after 'extraordinary turnout'Officials added three hours to voting time in presidential election following extraordinary turnout.
- France hopes Ryder Cup will invigorate nation's interest in golfFrance counts down to the start of the Ryder Cup, but is the public enthusiastic about golf's biggest team tournament?
- Prison Inside Me: Providing Koreans peace and solitude in a cellCentre in Korea providing busy, stressed out and frazzled Koreans a chance at tranquility and self-reflection.
- Yemenis find refuge, little else, in Djibouti's Obock campMore than 1,500 Yemenis are languishing at a camp in the Horn of Africa country, where hunger and anguish is widespread.
- Injured India sailor awaits rescue 3,300km from Australia's coast