IMPORTANCE OF FIRST TEN DAYS OF ZUL-HIJJAH
The first ten days of Zul Hijjah are among the most magnificent days in Islamic calendar. Rasulullah (SAW) said: “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days.”(Bukhari)
Rasulullah (SAW), has said, “One fast during these days is equal to the fasting of one complete year, and the worship of one night during this period is equal to the worship of “Laylatul-Qadr”. (Tirmizi)
Every Muslim should avail oneself of this wonderful opportunity by performing as much Ibadah (acts of worship) as he or she can during this period.
Salaah Timetable for Roodepoort, RSA
- Jerusalem: Media flashpoints and erased narrativesTropes, omissions and flaws in the coverage of US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Plus, WhatsApp in India.
- Does the right to free speech endanger minorities?Do Muslim communities have a particular problem with the right to free speech, or has Islam been unfairly targeted?
- Nigerian law graduate denied call to bar over hijabAmasa Firdaus 'dress code violation' sparks fierce debate on social media, with many calling for #JusticeforFirdaus.
- Debate: Is freedom of speech absolute?Should so-called 'hate speech' be restricted, or would doing so threaten democracy?
- Hassan Diab case: 'A labyrinth of injustice'Despite overwhelming evidence of his innocence, Lebanese Canadian professor has spent three years in French prison.
- US: Jury deliberation begins for first J20 defendantsTrial winds down for six facing charges related to their alleged participation in protests against Trump's inauguration.
- US to UNSC: North Korea must stop tests, start talkingUS secretary of state says North Korea must stop 'threatening behaviour' before talks with Washington can resume.
- Jerusalem: Media flashpoints and erased narratives