Salaah Timetable for Roodepoort, RSA
- WHO designates new COVID strain Omicron as ‘variant of concern’Several countries impose travel restrictions as new variant detected in South Africa raises global alarm.
- Biden calls for intellectual property waivers on COVID vaccinesWorld Trade Organization negotiations over waivers are currently deadlocked amid opposition by some wealthy nations.
- Hundreds protest in Jordan against water-energy deal with IsraelCritics say the deal leaves Jordan dependent on Israel without providing a solution to the country's water problems.
- Who is to blame for refugee tragedy in Calais?France and the UK criticise each other for the deaths of dozens trying to cross the English Channel.
- ‘Finding scapegoats’: S Africa slams ‘unjustified’ travel bansHealth minister says countries' move to impose curbs on it because of newly identified coronavirus variant is draconian.
- Merck’s COVID pill shows lower efficacy in updated studyDrugmaker says final analysis of trial results showed molnupiravir showed 30 percent risk reduction.
- Black Friday is back but with thinner crowds, fewer discountsA shift online, COVID fears and less-steep discounts have thinned crowds on the day after the US Thanksgiving holiday.
- WHO designates new COVID strain Omicron as ‘variant of concern’
Category Archives: Ramadaan
Assalamu Alaykum Brothers and Sisters The noble month of Ramadaan is upon us. In South Africa, the 1st Taraweeh Salaah will insha-Allah take place tomorrow night, the 9th of July, 2013. Ramadaan is known as a month where Muslims all … Continue reading