THE TAKBEERAAT OF TASHREEQ
It is Wajib (incumbent) for every adult Muslim male to recite the Takbirat of Tashreeq after every Fardh Salat-performed with Jamat or individually from the Fajr of the 9th of Zul-Hijjah to the Asr of the 13th of Zul Hijjah. The Takbirat should be recited once only.
The words of the Takbirat of Tashreeq are as follows:
اللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ اللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ لَا إلَهَ إلَّا اللَّهُ وَاَللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ اللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ وَلِلَّهِ الْحَمْدُ
Transliteration: Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar laa ilaha illallahu wallahu akbar. Allahu Akbar walillaahil hamd.
Translation: “Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest. There is no deity besides Allah and Allah is the Greatest. Allah is the Greatest and all praises belong to Him Alone.”
NB. Men should recite this Takbeer audibly whilst females should do so softly.
Zaid bin Arqam (R.A.) reports that the Companions of Rasulullah (SAW) asked him: “Oh Rasulullah (SAW), what is this sacrifice?” He said: “It is the way of your forefather Ibrahim (AS) .” They asked:“What (reward) is for us therein?” He replied: “There is a reward for every hair (i.e. the reward for meat and useful parts of the animal’s body will be very lofty in merit, but there will also be a great reward for the parts which are useless and thrown away such as the hair).” They asked: “For the wool, Ya Rasulullah?” He replied: “There is one reward for every strand of wool.” The aim of sacrifice, like all other fundamentals of Islam, is to imbibe piety and self-righteousness. It also promotes the spirit of sacrifice for a right cause. To explain its purpose, ALLAH says in the Quran. “It is not their meat, nor their blood, that reaches ALLAH, It is their piety that reaches ALLAH” (22:37)
Rasulullah (SAW) said: “On the 10th of Zil-Hijjah, there is no better act in the view of ALLAH than shedding the blood (of slaughtered animals). And verily sacrifice earns the approval of ALLAH even before the drop of blood (of the slaughtered animal) falls on the ground. Hence you should offer it in good spirit. For every hair of the sacrificial animal, there is a blessing.”
It is commendable that one who intends to offer a sacrifice should refrain from having a haircut, a shave, and pruning of nails, from the 1st of Zil-Hijjah (up to the time he has performed the sacrifice).
Method of Sacrifice
The animal for slaughter should be laid on its left side facing Ka’aba and its throat cut open with a sharp knife, and its blood allowed to drain.
DO NOT buy from a farm or supplier where the animals are mistreated. Just as the Sunnah prohibits us from slaughtering an animal in anything other than a humane manner, we are prohibited from abusing animals while they are living. It might take time to identify a farm where animals are treated with compassion, but if you plan ahead, you can find a supplier who shares your principles.
DO NOT treat the animal roughly or let it see the knife before you slaughter it. Rather, give the animal a drink of water to quench its thirst and let it feel at peace.
DO NOT slaughter your animal in front of other animals – this terrifies them and it is forbidden to inflict this kind of emotional pain on animals.
DO NOT use a knife that is nicked, serated, dull or short. All of this things will cause pain and suffering to the animal, which is prohibited. When the jugular vein of an animal is opened with a razor-sharp knife in one cut, the animal will quickly bleed to death with little pain.
DO NOT move the animal for the butchering process until you are certain that it has died.
Rasulullah (SAW)said, “There is a reward for doing good to all living creatures.” Let us make this sacrifice an occasion to earn ALLAH’S reward and to avoid the punishment of those who mistreat animals
The Time of Qurbani
Qurbani can only be performed during the three days of Eid, namely the 10th, 11th and 12th of Dhul Hijjah, which coincides with the 26th, 27th and 28th of October this year (2012). It is only in these days that slaughtering of an animal is recognised as an act of worship. No Qurbani can be performed in any other day of the year.
Although Qurbani is permissible on each of the three aforementioned days, it is preferable to perform it on the first day i.e. the 10th of Dhul Hijjah.
Salaah Timetable for Roodepoort, RSA
- Democrats, groups seek to challenge Trump's emergency declarationTrump's national emergency declaration to build a border wall faces uncertain future as groups plan legal challenges.
- Venezuela in crisis: All the latest updatesLatest updates as Venezuela plunges into a major crisis amid a growing row over Nicolas Maduro's presidency.
- NFL reaches deal with players on national anthem protest falloutColin Kaepernick and Eric Reid had accused the NFL of conspiring to blackball them over their anti-racism protests.
- 'Tired of people taking us for a ride': Nigeria readies to voteOn the eve of Nigeria's presidential election, voters speak to Al Jazeera about which way they'll vote, and why.
- Can a full-blown crisis between India and Pakistan be averted?Will attack on security forces in Indian-administered Kashmir affect already tense relations between India and Pakistan?
- What is a national emergency? Can Trump declare one for the wall?Trump declares national emergency at the border, plunging him into an expected legal battle with Democrats.
- Gunmen kill 66 in Nigeria's Kaduna state ahead of voteKillings in northwestern Nigeria announced just hours before polls open for the country's presidential election.
- Democrats, groups seek to challenge Trump's emergency declaration