Salaah Timetable for Roodepoort, RSA
- 'Reckless & unlawful': Amnesty accuses Hong Kong police of abuseAmnesty says evidence of arbitrary arrests, retaliatory violence against protesters. Police say acting with restraint.
- 'Birds in crisis': N America loses 3 billion birds in 50 yearsDisappearance of meadows and prairies, expansion of farmlands, use of pesticide blamed for 29 percent drop since 1970.
- Mexico quake: Two years on, recovery slow but survivors hopefulNew gov't made changes to handling of reconstruction funds, but survivors say more must be done to fully recover.
- Australia gets ready for potentially catastrophic fire seasonAustralia has had to rethink firefighting strategies to protect people and property as another baking summer looms.
- 'Storm Area 51': Possible crowds worry Nevada desert townsResidents prepare for influx of people near restricted US military site after online joke received millions of responses
- Who are south Yemen's separatists?The Southern Transitional Council, backed by United Arab Emirates, is leading the separatist cause in Aden.
- Farooq Abdullah's arrest leaves India with few allies in KashmirArrest of veteran politician under the stringent Public Security Act shocks the region undergoing a crippling lockdown.
- 'Reckless & unlawful': Amnesty accuses Hong Kong police of abuse